Colleen plans for the website to be fully accessible by January 1, 2022, if not sooner.
Commitment to Accessibility
As someone who provides training to web designers and developers on website accessibility and provides accessibility to clients, we need to practice what we preach. We are committed to making this website accessible and in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and good usability practices.
We are in the process of checking the site for accessibility issues and correcting them as we find them. We then plan to have the site audited by a third party.
- We periodically check the site with a screen reader and will continue to do so when any new functionality is added.
- We have added in text to hyperlinks specifically for screen readers, so that those users can easily distinguish hyperlinks with the same link text from one another and understand the purpose of hyperlinks.
If you need help accessing content on the site, would like to report issues or have a question, please get in touch.
We will update this list as we find issues that we do not immediately fix.
- The navigation submenus do not open when tabbed to. We are currently working on this.
- Some signup forms do not have labels associated with fields. These are MailerLite forms, and we must manually modify them. We have also alerted MailerLite about this issue and asked that they add labels to fields on all of the forms they create for use on their customers’ websites.
- We are checking that essential images have appropriate Alt-text and that decorative ones have null Alt-text.
- There are contrast issues with green text on a white background.
- We will be checking that hyperlinks that open in a new window warn all users first or will prevent them from doing so at all.