Keeping up with social media marketing can be overwhelming, but it should be a part of your overall marketing plan. It will drive more traffic to your website, attract the right audience, increase your search engine optimization (SEO) and elevate your brand.
Here are a few ways to get started:
- Blog about a topic on which you know in order to position yourself, your organization or business as an expert. Blog about your upcoming event or the benefits of a product or service you offer. It’s best to have the blog be part of your web domain in order to enhance your SEO and to keep readers on your website. Get some blog writing tips.
- Post or share relevant info on your business Facebook page and invite friends to like the page. You can schedule Facebook posts in advance. Share the link to your blog posts. If you are offering a new service or product, discuss how will it benefit your members, customers or clients. Comment, when appropriate, on the Facebook pages of other organizations or companies in your industry.
- Set up Twitter to automatically tweet your Facebook posts if you do nothing else on Twitter. Get some other Twitter tips.
- On LinkedIn, join groups relevant to your industry and work, where you can answer questions posed by others in your field.
- Have an e-newsletter signup on your website and send out e-mails regularly to your list(s). Talk about what you posted on Facebook or your blog or discuss a new topic (and then blog about and share that topic!). Include your e-newsletter signup link in your e-mail signature.
- Aim to add 2,000 words per month to your website. If your blog is within your website, then you can add all or some of those words via several blog posts.
- Be sure the design across all of your social media accounts, website and print materials, etc. all cohesively reflect your brand.
Take note of what your members, clients or customers ask you about. Those can make great future blog posts and e-newsletter topics. Every time you write a blog or send out an e-newsletter, post the link to it on all of your social media accounts. And don’t forget to track and analyze your traffic before and after these efforts!
Contact us to set up or move your blog, design and set up an e-newsletter, or design for your social media accounts.